SEE THE
RESULTS!

We are working on posting all of the results since we began this race in 2007.



Randy & Sarita



The Race Details!
 
When: TUESDAY Jan 1st, 2013

Time: 8:00am race begins


Registration Opens: 7:00am


Each Participant will be given a racing bib and pins. Teams will have one bib for the team.  Arrive early please.


Cost:
$20 donation (or more if you'd like) cash, credit card or check payable to SparkleDot Foundation (501c3 pending).
 

Register online through Active.com



Where:  Marr Land / Las Llajas Trail 5715 Evening Sky Drive, Simi Valley, CA 93063


Parking: ON THE STREET follow posted signs. 


Dogs: OK but they must be able to get along with other dogs and people.  Bring your own waste bags. 


Trail: Long wide fire road.  Hawks, bunnies, ducks, wonderful scents of morning, a creek (3 crossings).  Slight elevation change UP on the way out and DOWN on the way back.  This is a great trail for running carriages, dogs, kids and walkers too!


Support:  Carry your own water in and out of the trail. ABSOLUTELY NO LITTERING - there are trash cans at the start and finish of the trail head, please use them.


Weather:  Changes yearly but we are pretty sure you'll feel amazing after finishing!  Dress in layers (since it is an out and back trail you can drop your apparel along the way and pick it up on the way back!)


FINISHERS earn a Run For Books Medal!  First 99 runners only. 

RAFFLE!
We need help with awesome RAFFLE items!  

If you can contribute something, please let us know by calling or e-mail.

805-823-3409


Welcome to our RUN FOR BOOKS Race Page!

Our goal is to help raise funds for ELEMENTARY KIDS and ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEACHERS!  YAY!!

Educational and Government budgets get tighter and tighter and classroom sizes are growing.  The teachers are dipping into their own pockets to buy supplies (like books, pens, markers, crayons, paper) to keep their students progressing.  

How do we know this?  Well, we've got a few close friends that are amazing teachers!

In 2012 the SparkleDot Foundation hosted the Run For Books and raised $700.00.

This year (2013) we are hoping to triple this figure and help those kids again.

25% of your $20.00 entry fee goes to the SparkleDot Foundation and the remaining 75% will be split between the schools that have runners show up!  We'll be gathering that information at the Registration Process.

So far we have the following schools with Run For Books Rally Leader helping gather parents, students and friends to the race:



  • I do not have a specific school 
  • Download the General Entry, Fill In and Bring to Race)
  • (your donation will be split between all of the participating schools)


WOULD YOU LIKE TO RALLY FOR YOUR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL?  
Just send us an email with your name, phone number, the Simi Valley school you represent and the Principal's contact information.  







Garden Grove IMPACT Academy Principal Mary Curtis with Randy and Sarita Shoemaker. The kids LOVE the giant check!

 "That's the biggest check I've ever seen in my WHOLE life!" 
Our boot camp opened doors in July 2006.

On Jan 1st, 2007 we produced our first 5K race and haven't stopped once since then.

The Run For Books is a special race because it helps people begin the NEW YEAR on the right foot (and maybe even running on those feet!).
 

Website Builder